Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sand, Surf, and Sun...

Yesterday (our first full day in Florida) started off rainy and gloomy. We all got dressed and had breakfast, kinda in limbo wondering what we might do on a rain-filled Florida day. No need for that...at about 10AM the rain was gone, leaving a gorgeous day behind!

The kids ran to get their suits on while Daddy...
...and Evan...
...and Meggie did their best...
...to inflate all the water toys we brought. Molly, are you excited to see the beach today??
Oh, yes, she is!! And, Carson, how about you??
We'll take that as a "YES!" We were heading to the door, water toys inflated, when I realized Molly forgot her shoes.
Clearly she was too excited to remove her float to handle that! As we stepped out into the heat to catch the elevator, I asked Molly and Carson to turn around for a picture...
...so y'all could see my beach bums, ready for action! The second we stepped off the boardwalk onto the beach...
...the Littles had to remove their shoes immediately, feel the sand on their feet, and dig into it with their hands. Carson kept repeating, "Oh, yeah, I remember now!" while Molly said, "I KNEW it would feel JUST like this!" To say they were excited would be an understatement of supreme proportion.

There's really no need to narrate these pics, since they truly speak for themselves.
For those who wondered what Molly would think of the beach, I can tell you...
...she LOVED the sand...
...and while she braved the waves in her new float, didn't really enjoy the experience. That's OK, Molly, I'm right there with you! Of course, no beach visit is complete without...
...building sand castles (complete with a moat)...
...and burying anyone who is willing in the sand. (Carson, Daddy, and I were definitely NOT willing.) I'm sure someone out there in Blogland has noticed that I haven't been in any pics yet. That's because I stayed here...
...attempting not to get sunburned. Worked pretty well, too...until our sad little umbrella got tossed and broken by the gusty wind. All in all, though, I did OK...just a bit of a burn on my face but otherwise unscathed.

We are having a ball down here in Florida. We are relaxing, playing, laughing...and relaxing some more.
Personally, I think we wear it well...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos. Looks like you're having a great vacation. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly is like Abby.....she loves the sand, not so sure about the water. She spent more time in the water this summer than in the past but still not much! So glad you are having fun. Make sure to drink more water tomorrow!! Oh, my post is up but I'm having issues linking to FB. =)

    ReplyDelete