Monday, October 25, 2010

Before We Get to the Birthday Pics...

...I should probably post about my big night out with the kids the Saturday before Molly's birthday party.

Daddy and I have been working crazy amounts of overtime and the kids are getting lost in the shuffle. When Meggie and I saw that Disney on Ice was coming to town, she immediately begged me to take her and Molly. Just the girls? Oh, no, you don't. If we're going to something THAT big, my Little Man is going along. Sure, the program was called "Princess Classics," but Carson and I both agreed that every Princess has her Prince...and every show has a bad guy! I told Meggie we all go or nobody goes.

We all went.

I was able to get us seats in the first row off the ice. Amazing! I thought I'd be a cool mom and buy the kids some popcorn. Forgot we were in the "wonderful world of Disney"...that bag o' popcorn cost me a cool $10. But, hey, the sales guy reminded me, you get a Disney crown with it. Oh, well, then I guess it's a bargain!

Carson was super excited that I gave the crown to him...
...since Molly has at least a dozen princess tiaras at home. A quick pic of the kids before the show starts...
...and off we go. I won't give you a play-by-play of the show -- partly because I don't remember the details that well -- but let's just say Carson barely noticed the Princesses. This character...
...really caught his eye and cracked us all up! Don't know how they can skate so well under those costumes! Carson was sweet enough to give Molly a chance with his crown...
...but by intermission I started getting the itch to spend some more money. So off I went...
...and got 'em all a little something. Notice that Meggie got the tiara, not Molly. (Meggie claims she always gets forgotten now that the Littles are here; I had to prove her wrong.) Who is that dashing prince...
...with the light-up sword? Why, it's Sir Carson! And who is this beautiful girl...
...with the borrowed tiara and the magic wand? Of course, it's Princess Molly! Since my camera is pretty sad, getting on-ice shots was nearly impossible, but I tried to get a shot of the closing scene...
...with all the Princes and Princesses on the stairs of the castle.

Tickets to Disney on Ice = Lots of money
Popcorn and Cotton Candy = More money
A trip to the gift shop for Disney stuff = Way too much money
A magical night with all the kids = Priceless!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a good & magical time!

    Is this considered taking it easy though? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - there are times when you gotta break out the cash! This is one of those times! For us, it usually involves golden arches :)

    ReplyDelete