As we were heading down the main aisle in a VERY crowded store, Molly loudly exclaimed:
"MOMMY, I JUST LOVE EASTER!" (I'm not exaggerating here...the girl's voice really carries!)
"Oh, really?" I asked. "Why is that?" (Of course I was expecting the typical responses of getting candy from the Easter Bunny, or getting to wear her pretty Easter dress, or going to Grandma's for the Easter egg hunt.)
"BECAUSE," she loudly responded, "IT REMINDS US THAT JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR OUR SINS. I LOVE THAT!"
Gotta admit, I was a bit embarrassed she said that so loudly in the middle of a busy Target store...for about half a second. Then I was immensely proud of her. So, keep on preaching it, sister, for all the world to hear!
Happy Easter! Hope you love Easter for the same reason that we do in this house!!




















We do! And we love Molly for her bold proclamation! This is the first year Michelle is starting to understand - not fully, but enough to know this day is about Jesus, and that He loves her very much.
ReplyDeleteThe other day we were decorating Easter eggs. Michelle told me she knew why we were doing that- the Easter eggs were going to be "dyed" just like Jesus "died" on the cross. She is a little fuzzy on the theology, but at least she was trying to make that connection.
Hope all the Berter's have a blessed Easter!
Oh, Happy Day for sure! We did our Resurrection Eggs and when we were done, had each of the kids tell us "their version" or what they remembered from the story. It was pretty cute to see/hear Mya's Easter Story!! Truly, to have the faith of a child.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter!
That girl is something special!
ReplyDelete