Friday, April 22, 2011

Monkey Wars Continue...

Before leaving for her Spring Break trip to Florida, Meggie had to freak me out one more time with her little furry monkey friend. She just knows my routines too well, which is making this entirely too easy for her.

So, one evening last week (Tuesday, maybe?) I headed to my bathroom to get ready for bed. Meggie knows that I always start my getting-ready-for bed routine by heading to this bathroom cabinet...
...to get my makeup remover and take my nighttime medications. So, as I reached up for my supplies, I was greeted with THIS...
...creepy monkey! Ugghhh!! When I yelled out, I could hear Meggie laughing down the hall in her bedroom. Brat!

I let her think she had won and just headed to bed (once my heart palpitations subsided). But the next day, while she was at school, her little monkey friend paid his penance for scaring me...
...when I squished him between her mattress and box springs! Meggie wasn't pleased to find this upon returning home from school. Sorry, Teenager, but in wars people (or stuffed monkeys, in this case) may end up getting hurt. Still wanna play?!?!

Since she has been gone all week, I haven't had to brace myself every time I turn a corner in our house, wondering if her monkey friend will be there to scare the bejeebers outta me. Well, she gets back late tonight. Which means the war will probably resume bright and early tomorrow.

Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Ha. When I was a kid, my brothers used to hang my dolls on hangers by their clothes :( I used to hate it so much thinking they were trying to kill them. Agh, yes, fond memories!!

    ReplyDelete